Thursday, November 10, 2011

Calling American Artists!!!!

  Beloved Artist,

           Shalom! I believe the Lord has given me a vision to create a gallery/studio through AJoy’s Enterprise, LLC.  I believe there is a gap for stores that sell things made in the U.S.A. There are several chain stores that sell fair trade things from afar, and plenty that sell not so fairly traded things.

So, the store that I am looking at is on Main Street in downtown Fort Mill, SC.

I want to make a store where people can sell things they have made, paintings, sculptures, jewelry, hats, scarves, pottery, glass beads, anything they have made. I would also request that any artists that submit things into the store would use a minimum equation of

$10/hr labor +cost + overhead (%of labor for indirect costs related to your products-including space rental)= wholesale price.

This will make it fair to everyone that is trying to make a living off of their craft and fair for you and your valuable time. The store is 2500 sq. ft. and the rent is a large chunk that I don’t feel good about revealing here for the sake of the gentleman I am potentially entering a contract with=)

Part of the vision is also to provide space for dance classes and artist studio space. My heart is to bring the kingdom of God to Fort Mill and Charlotte through creating with our Creator. To make a place where people can soak and experience the presence of God through the arts, and purchase art and products that carry the fruits of the spirit with them into their home.

READ THE REST

No comments:

Post a Comment