Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Main Street Crawl 2012

This past week 13 stores on Main Street rallied together for the Main Street Crawl.

Art, Funk & Junk, All Party, LLC, Dave’s Comics, Fort Mill Gun Shop, Hanauer Bow Ties, The Knife Shop, Local Dish, Gym on Main, The Painted Parrot, Pucker Butt, Studio on Main, United Artisans of America, and Vintage Wear participated by having refreshments and drawings.
Trish at Art, Funk and Junk and Karen from the Painted Parrot were the instigators for this fun event. 

There were live musicians in 2 locations: Leslie Carpenter, Joshua Fox, Mill Town, Jogust and Company, M3, and Bryan Rudolf. Thank you musicians for coming out!

I have no clue how many people actually came out, but Main Street was bustling. Twas a beautiful site. Reminded me of Cars II, how that little restaurant off Route 66 was restored. I hope the interest remains. We met many new faces and hugged some more familiar ones, what a joy to see so many people discover Main Street in Downtown Fort Mill. If you happen to live close and want updates there are 2 websites that can help: http://HeartofFortMill.com and http://myfortmill.com.

My "main" excitement: At our shop United Artisans of America, we had a drawing for a Crocheted Hat and for a Poly Mesh Wreath. During the day a very sweet woman that is currently losing her hair from chemo and radiation mentioned liking my hats. I asked if she put her name in the drawing, to which she said she had. I was hoping she would win.
We drew 3 names... The 2nd name I called to say she won and she came to pick it up yesterday (Monday)... It was the woman I just mentioned!!! I didn't know her name until she walked in. I was so very excited. She selected a black hat with beads woven in that I had made over a year ago. She was delighted to have it, saying it was definitely a "God-wink" considering she didn't even know about the crawl but just wanted to come on down to Main Street since it had been a long while.

My heart is so grateful. The other winners were Jael (hat) and Penny (wreath). What fun=)

The Scavenger Hunt Winners were the Fantastic 4 Team (Including Digital) and XYZ Babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment